iligan 3d paper modeler Headlines

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Star Wars AT-ST Walker



I have always been a big fan of Star Wars. In my early childhood days the movie was literally out of this world. I kept on wondering who played the characters of C3P0 and R2D2, since they thin and small respectively. Anyway, I never had a toy collection of the Star Wars characters, so I decided to built them for my collection.



To start with I built this AT-ST Walker (All Terrain Scout Transport) designed by Shunichi Makino. The model has some details printed on rather than having to glue them piece by piece, which I would very much enjoy. The more detailed it is the more I love building it. Anyway, since there were no other paper models of the AT-ST that is full of details, this is the closest I can get  my hands on. 


As it is, details like the entry hatch on top that can be opened, the hand rails around the hatch, the chin-mounted double medium blaster cannon, the concussion grenade launcher on the left and right side of its head, and the 2 "durasteel" feet with claws. 




It needs more texture though  like the the hydraulics on its legs and armor platings. The scale of which, I don't know but it is a big model  maybe a 1:33 scale. Overall its an easy model to build and fairly detailed, but you could always modify it to your likings. Next I'll be building its big brother the AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails