iligan 3d paper modeler Headlines

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Mille Miglia by Loudog





I took a break from my Star Wars collection and after building the KRISS by Jules Perdana of Paper-replica.com, now I tried my hands on building another motorcycle. I did a Vespa before from the same designer, but this time I'm building the Mille Miglia paper model desiged by Luis “Loudog” Lopez of Portland, Oregon, USA. 

He based the design on the real custom bike which was designed and built for the Discovery Channel’s "Biker Build Off" by Marcus Walz of Walz Hardcore Cycles. It was named the “Mille Miglia” after the 1000 Mile roadtrip Walz took om his way to Laughin, Nevada where his bike was judged and voted the winner. FYI the price tag of the real thing is a $100+, so I'm building one instead.




The model took me a week to build. According to the instructions the model has the following specs:


length = 18 inches (46cm)
















width = 6 inches (15 cm) measured from the ends of the footpegs
height = 7 inches (18cm)
Its a 1:5 or so scale.



Loudog made a very detailed and precise template that really had the parts fit well together. And the instructions were very useful and easy to understand. Overall I am very pleased with my build and thanks to Loudog for sharing this paper model. 



You can make your very own Mille Miglia paper model by visiting Loudog's website just by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job, man! Thanks for taking the time to build it. Very impressive that you built it in just a week. It took me 5 months to build it! I am happy that you are pleased. I hope others can take on the Mille Miglia Challenge as well.

    -LouDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lou for sharing the model for us to try and build. I had a blast building it, looks just like the real thing. I'm so happy that I now own a black Mille Miglia Chopper. Likewise, I hope others take up the Mille Miglia challenge. Keep it coming Lou, I look forward to building more of your paper model designs.

    -iligan3pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for the pictures and detailed information but I have one question, is this a free plan? If not where can I buy it?

    I generally prefer wood to work with but this chopper, love at first sight :D. I googled about it and could not find any useful information :( except you blog. Also I found plans of this one at some file hosting site but I do not want to use a pirated one :) I want to follow the legal way :).

    If you may help me I'll be glad. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails