iligan 3d paper modeler Headlines

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

B-24 Liberator

The B-24s were contracted by North American  in 1942. The first 25 aircraft built were the B-24G and based on the late block B-24D. These aircraft had a Sperry ball turret and three .50-cal. machine guns in the nose; however, combat experience showed the B-24D and early B-24G to be vulnerable to frontal attack, so design data for the Ford-built B-24H was incorporated in the North American version resulting in the B-24G-1. This version had an Emerson nose turret in place of the two or three .50-cal. machine guns used on earlier models. 

A total of 430 B-24Gs were built and most were sent to the 15th Air Force in Italy. North American began delivering B-24G-1 Liberators in November 1943. 






This is my B-24 Liberator paper plane model from GPM. This was my first paper plane model to build, took me a week to put together. I built this 2 years ago and back then I was a newbie in the paper modeling hobby. When I look at the model right now I could notice details that I should have taken time to piece together. The paper plane model was a simple model to build given the scale that is 1:33, was very much manageable. I like how the gun ports are detailed. The 4 engines and the landing gears were a bit challenging that I did not pay much attention then. The paper plane model now lies on the floor set and had been giving incredible reactions from my friends when they see it specially when I tell them its made of paper. Anyway here are the photos of the paper plane.



Here are more pictures of the building process.


b-24 j liberator


I need to make another model of this one, I believe I can do better this time, but I have a long build list so I think first things first and.this has to wait.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails