iligan 3d paper modeler Headlines

Saturday, September 11, 2010

What have I been up to? Part 1

It's been an exhausting month for me  that I had not posted any updates for August. I'll try to make up by posting my progress on the SARATOGA and the other things that I've been up to lately. 

First up is, the SARATOGA is still half done. I'ts a huge model with lots of details. I know from the very beginning it was going to be a challenge and I'm not putting it down. I just got burned up and needed to get some diversions for my anxiety to have the model done soon. Anyway, here are some pictures of my progress:



This model from GPM as I mentioned is very detailed, and is my first huge undertaking. If you can see from the pictures, well so much for the forgiving quality, I have yet to put on the turrets and cannons on each side. I have made some mistakes on the holding bay for the planes (the hole in the middle) I had the parts fitted in reverse side, that I did not notice earlier in the building process. I had some ladder placement errors as well as you can see some white lines where I had to remove the parts and place them in their proper areas. The "Island" is a complicated part. I should have placed the support beams of each level that I later found out it was difficult to put them in due to the small spaces that I can no longer reach with my fingers. This reminds me to get some tweezer or forceps to add to my craft tools. So far, so good I feel happy to have gone this far in the building stage. I have yet to built the planes that go with this model. Given the right place and time to build this model I estimate to have it done in a month or less. Anyway, I'll be updating you again of my progress in the days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails